Governance Council Members

Hi Orca Community,
I am KoWei and I want to self-nominate as Council Member or Secretary Member.

Background information:
Currently I am finishing my quantum physics PhD in National University of Singapore.
And I plan to fully commit to Crypto space in 2023.

Experience with Orca and Crypto
As a crypto believer, I fell into the rabbit hole of cryptocurrency back in 2017. In the 2017/2018 cycles, I became the cofounder of IOTA Taiwan community and I am still running this L1 community.

Then, I started to explore the DeFi protocols in 2019 and became a DEFI farmer during the crazy DeFi summer 2020. During that time, I became the main moderator of ‘Superfluid Virtual Currency Community’, one of Taiwan’s largest crypto telegram community, and I am still running the DEFI community till today.

Next, after pivoting pivoted my focus from Ethereum to Solana at the end of 2020, I cofounded and established the ‘Solana Taiwan community’ and witnessed the Solana Summer 2021. We host AMA, do Podcast and translate articles across Solana Ecosystem.

I hear Orca in 2021 April and love the design of the protocol since then. (I really like the nice stickers Orca sent out last July.) Then I help orca to coordinate the AMA with SolanaTW and be the AMA host in 2021 December. After knowing there is open position for Dolphin consultant of Orca, I contact KZ on the Orca team in April and start my Orca ambassador journey since May.

Experience in Governance
I cofound the Mango market community in 2022/01, which now has 1.2K+ members. I involve in the Mango DAO governance mainly via participating in the forum discussion, bi-weekly dev call and on-chain voting.

Other crypto experience
Crypto com ambassador 2020/09-2020/12
Matrixport ambassador 2021/01-2022/01
Furucombo ambassador 2021/08-2021/12
Bonfire ambassador 2021/12-2022/02

Unique skills
As a DEFI farmer for the past three years, I have broad understanding of the DEFI space via using the protocols and observing the product iterations. And trained as a scientist/researcher, I would try to tackle problems from first principle and filter our the noise.

How to represent the best interests of the Orca community
I believe I could help Orca to be the liquidity infrastructure of the Solana ecosystem, especially since Whirlpool unlocks the compatibility to enable a variety of products to build on top of Orca. For me, compatibility is the heart of DEFI.

About the token, I believe pure inflation is bad for the protocol since it only leads to token dumping. Besides bootstrapping, Orca should keep the emission rate low. On the other hand, I also believe that making the orca token acquire value is crucial, that’s the fundamental interest of orca token holders. Maybe we could try to adapt some mechanism for the token user to do something and acquire the protocol fee in exchange, like stAave for protocol security or veBAL for PCV to increase the depth of the AMM.

Thank you for reading and thank @cbergz for the council model proposal.

7 Likes