Orca Governance Council - Re-Election Quorum Update; Call for Nominations for Vacant Seat

On December 16, 2023, a Council proposal went live to re-elect the following members for the 2024 term:

1. Cortina
  2. Hart Lambur
  3. Chris Montagano
  4. Lakshman Sankar
  5. Larry Sukernik
  6. Wes Tang-Wymer

The proposal met quorum on December 18, 2023. The voting period will end at 3:44 p.m. GMT on December 21, 2023, and the Tokenholder veto period will expire at the same time on December 23, 2023. Tokenholders may cast veto votes at any time during the voting and veto periods. Votes can be cast here.

If the re-election proposal passes, then there will be one vacant Council seat. Per Article 3.1 of the bylaws, the Council will take the voice of the Tokenholders into account to identify a replacement candidate. Once the new candidate is selected and has cleared all necessary AML screens, the Council will hold an on-chain to elect the new candidate. If the vote meets quorum, the Tokenholders may veto the new candidate, in which case the process described in this paragraph will begin again.

In the comments below, please nominate anyone who you think should join the Council for next year by 11:59 p.m. GMT on January 2, 2024. The Council looks forward to discussing your ideas and hopes to select the ideal candidate in mid-January.

Last but certainly not least, the Council and the Orca protocol extend their most heartfelt thanks to Min Teo for her contributions to the 2023 term and wish her well in all her future endeavors.

Update as of January 9, 2024:

To give the community more time to participate in selecting a new Council member for the 2024 term, there will be a one-week open nomination period beginning on January 9, 2024, and ending at 11:59 p.m. GMT on January 16, 2024. Please check Forums for a new post where community members can nominate themselves to serve on the Council this year

3 Likes

GM GM!

My name is Player1Taco and I would like to nominate myself for the vacant seat for 2024. I do know that nominations closed about 15 hours ago.

If it is still open I would be happy to give my qualifications, or why I would like to be part of the ORCA council.

Hope everyones’ 2024 is off to a great start!

1 Like

Hi @Player1Taco.sol! So great to hear that you are interested in the Orca Governance Council!

The self-nomination period has been extended through January 16, 2024. Please check out this post for additional info and instructions.

5 Likes